- LEGAL NOTICES
- Updated October 2016
- This is the website of Guildhall Private Events ("Guildhall"). Guildhall Private Events is part of the Remembrancer's Office at the City of London Corporation.
- The City of London Corporation's legal title is The Mayor and Commonalty and Citizens of the City of London, whose address is PO Box 270 Guildhall London EC2P 2EJ.
- Guildhall telephone no: 020 7332 1313.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For general terms, visit the City of London Corporation's website.
"Cookies" a cookie, also known as an HTTP cookie, web cookie, or browser cookie, is usually a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user's web browser while a user is browsing a website.
"Special Conditions" means specific conditions relating to a product or service on a relevant webpage of the Website.
"Users" means collectively users of the Website.
"We / us / our" means Guildhall Private Events.
"Website" means Guildhall Private Events' website currently located at www.chougou26.top.
"Working days" do not include Saturday, Sunday or Public Holidays.
"You / your / yours" means a user of the Website.
Guildhall Private Events is committed to the highest standard and quality of information and every attempt has been made to present up-to-date accurate information. However, Guildhall Private Events give no warranty as to the accuracy of the information on the Website. Guildhall Private Events shall not be liable for any losses or damages arising from your use of the Website, including reliance on information contained on the Website, other than in respect of death or personal injury caused by our negligence or in respect of fraud.
The information provided on the Website has not been written to meet the individual requirements of Users and it is the responsibility of Users to satisfy themselves prior to using this information in any way that it is suitable for their purposes. Before making any decisions based on any information contained on this Website, Users are strongly advised to refer to alternative independent sources of information to confirm the basis of their decision.
Although Guildhall Private Events takes all reasonable measures to ensure that the information provided to it from third parties is accurate and not defamatory or offensive it cannot control the content or take responsibility for pages maintained by external providers or linked pages.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
- 1. GENERAL
- 1.1 By accessing information from this Website you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of Use below. If you are uncertain as to your rights or require any explanation about them please email email@example.com or telephone 020 7332 1313.
- 1.2 These Terms and Conditions of Use may change from time to time. Please check our Website frequently to see recent changes. The date when these Terms and Conditions of Use were last updated will be displayed.
- If you do not agree to the terms or any changes made you should not continue to use the Website.
- 1.3 The Website contains proprietary notices and copyright information the terms of which you agree to observe and follow.
- You are also referred to the City of London's main terms at www.cityoflondon.gov.uk.
- 2. SECURITY
- 2.1 You assume full responsibility for the protection of your
computer system (including but not limited to any form of computer PDA mobile
phone or other web browsing equipment) including hardware, software and stored
data on your computer system including hardware, software and stored data of
third parties who may access or be otherwise connected to your computer system.
You assume the responsibility of ensuring that programs or other data downloaded
or otherwise received from this Website are free from viruses, worms, Trojan
horses or other items of a destructive nature. We would advise you to run an
up-to-date anti-virus program on anything you download from the Internet.
- 2.2 You must take reasonable precautions to prevent the fraudulent use of your security details including passwords.
- 2.3 In accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 Guildhall Private Events will take reasonable steps to ensure that
data transmitted electronically to us via the Website or otherwise and stored by
Guildhall Private Events is not accessed by unauthorised third parties. You
accept the risk that data transmitted electronically to us via the Website or
otherwise may be intercepted before reaching us or may be accessed from
Guildhall Private Event’s data storage by third parties not authorised by us or
the City of London and may be exploited unlawfully by such unauthorised third
- 2.4 Guildhall Private Events makes no representations as to the
security, quality or propriety of any website which may be accessed through the
Website and accepts no liability for the content or for any loss or damage
caused or alleged to have been caused by the use of or reliance on information
contained in such websites or goods or services purchased from them. Connected
websites accessed through our Website are independent websites over which Guildhall
Private Events does not exercise any control whether financial, editorial or of
any other kind and are not in any way endorsed by the City of London.
- 3. ERRORS
- 3.1 Information contained in the Website may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical mistakes and should not be relied on as totally accurate. Information may be changed or updated without notice and any queries relating to the information including queries as to its currency and accuracy should be addressed to the person or persons stipulated in the appropriate web pages relevant to venue hire. For general content queries relating to the Website email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 4. WARRANTY AND LIABILITY
- 4.1 All information made available within the Website is
provided "as is" and is for information purposes only and should not
be relied on as totally accurate.
- 4.2 We will only be liable to you for any losses resulting from the use of the Website in the following circumstances:
- (a) where the losses are suffered as a result of us breaking any Terms and Conditions of Use and/or General Conditions of Use / Special Conditions; or
where there is a breach of a legal duty of care owed to you
by us or any of our employees or agents; and
provided the losses are a foreseeable consequence of our
breaking the Terms and Conditions of Use and/or General Conditions of Use /
Special Conditions; Losses are
foreseeable where they could be contemplated by the User and us at the time the
Website is made available to the User.
- 4.3 We will not be liable for:
- (a) indirect losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not foreseeable;
any increase in loss or damage resulting from breach by you
of any term of the Conditions of Use and General Conditions of Sale / Special
any loss or damage resulting from the use of any other
website connected to the Website by means of a hypertext link or any other
any loss of profits or other economic loss resulting from
the use of the Website for business purposes
- 4.4 We accept no responsibility whatsoever for any data corruption, interception or delay or any inaccuracies or errors that may occur except in consumer sales to the extent that we or our employees or agents are in breach of its agreement with you, negligent or in breach of its statutory duty when the provisions of Clauses 4.4 and 4.5 above will apply.
- 4.5 Nothing in these terms shall exclude our liability for death
or personal injury arising from our or the negligence of the City of London,
its employees, agents or contractors resulting from the use of the Website.
- 4.6 Guildhall Private Events publishes the images and information on the Website in good faith. We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that all intellectual property rights are respected and that the information and images are accurate and neither defamatory nor offensive.
- 5. COPYRIGHT
- 5.1 The Guildhall Private Events website belongs in all respects to the City of London.
- 5.2 All intellectual property rights including copyright,
Database Right, First Publication Rights, patents, Registered Trade Marks,
know-how, intellectual or industrial property rights including format, art
direction, look and feel of the Website and its content subsisting throughout
the World vests in the City of London.
- 5.3 You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, reproduce, publish, licence or create derivative works from data or other content found on the Website or sell any information or images obtained from the Website. You may download information or images for private non-commercial viewing purposes only unless permitted for the purpose of making an offer appropriate to the goods or services required. Any information or images attributed to a third party and not in copyright and downloaded by you may only be used in compliance with this clause and must be properly attributed to the owner.
- 5.4 Linking to other websites is permitted in accordance with the following Linking Policy:-
- The City of London is keen to promote e-government and access to online public services by encouraging other reputable websites to create links to our Website. It therefore grants a limited, revocable and non-exclusive right to create a link(s) to web pages on the Website subject to the following conditions:
- 1. Links to content / web pages are permitted provided you do not represent the Website or content as your own or otherwise misinform Users about the origin of the content of the Website.
- 2. Content (including but not limited to text, graphics, photographs, databases) on the Website must not be copied in isolation or presented to give the impression that the content is owned by you. Content should not be loaded into frames or a border environment. Guildhall Private Events pages must load into the User’s entire window.
- 3. Links to the Website must not be used for commercial or private gain or to imply endorsement of your website, product or service by us without our express written approval (email email@example.com).
- 4. We will not support links to our Website by political pressure groups.
- 5. Your website must not contain distasteful, obscene, offensive, defamatory or otherwise illegal content or portray Guildhall Private Events in a false, misleading, derogatory or offensive manner. You must not bring Guildhall Private Events or the City of London into disrepute by associating us with undesirable products, services or opinions.
- 6. Any trade mark, logo, crest or other identifiable emblem of Guildhall Private Events or the City of London shall remain the property of the Guildhall Private Events or the City of London at all times and no licence or right to use any of the same shall be granted or implied in any way.
- 7. If you wish to link to any part of the Website you will be bound by Guildhall Private Events and the City of London Legal Notices including but not limited to copyright restrictions and our disclaimer.
- 8. Any breach of these conditions will result in the termination of your limited licence to link to content on the Website.
- 6. SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
- Acceptable use policy
- You are referred to the City of London's website terms at www.cityoflondon.gov.uk.
- Our approach to connections on social media
- Guildhall Private Events may choose to 'follow', 'like' or otherwise establish connections with other organisations and individuals using social media. This is so that we can maintain contact with what other social media users are saying and, where appropriate, share their content. Sometimes we also need to establish a connection so that we can engage with users, eg via direct messages or posting. This is an emerging area of communications and as such we will review and amend its practice continuously.
- The City of London does not implicitly or explicitly endorse any individual or organisation merely by virtue of creating a social media connection, regardless of the terms used by social media providers such as 'follow' or 'like'. Indeed, we will maintain social media connections with organisations that are critical of it and/or have opposing views. Nor do we hold any responsibility for the content of such profiles.
- Once connected, Guildhall Private Events will not remove a profile from its network unless there is some overriding reason to do so, eg because it poses a significant and material risk to our reputation and credibility, or a significant and material breach of our obligations to maintain political neutrality. It is not possible to be prescriptive on what would pose such a threat and each case will need to be considered on its own merits.
- Contacting us via social media
Our responses to replies, comments and direct messages
depend on the individual service. Even if we do not reply, we are listening and
will act on or pass on your comments as appropriate. Our social media accounts
are not currently monitored twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. It is
also easy to miss posts in busy social media traffic. If your query is serious,
urgent, or involves personal details, you may also like to contact the service
directly. Please note that unless stated otherwise the views/comments given on
any of our social media sites may not necessarily reflect the views of
Guildhall Private Events or the City of London. Our social media platforms are
not intended to be used by the media or politicians to contact us.
- 7. AVAILABILITY OF WEBSITE
- 7.1 Guildhall Private Events will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure the availability of the Website and that transmissions are error free. However, due to the nature of the internet it is not technically possible for Guildhall Private Events to provide a completely fault free service and Guildhall Private Events gives no guarantees or warranties express or implied as to the quality or reliability of access to this site.
- 7.2 Guildhall Private Events reserves the right to suspend or
cancel the Website or refuse access to it immediately and without notice in
order to maintain, repair or update the Website or if it is necessary for legal
reasons. However, Guildhall Private Events will where possible give notice of
any suspension or cancellation on the Website.
- 8. WAIVER
- 8.1 The failure by Guildhall Private Events to enforce any term
or condition hereof or of the Terms and Conditions of Use shall not be deemed
as a waiver of the right to enforce such term or condition.
- 9. JURISDICTION
- 9.1 The Website is situated in London, England and all the
Terms and Conditions of Use shall be governed by and construed in accordance with
the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the
- 10. CONTACT
In the event of any queries about how to use the Website,
please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION STATEMENT
This is the current Privacy and Data Protection Statement for the Guildhall Private Events Website. If this Privacy Statement is revised, an updated version will be placed on the Website.
1. POLICY AND PERSONAL DATA
1.1 Guildhall Private Events will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that your privacy is protected.
When you register to be contacted by Guildhall Private
Events or sign up to our newsletter, we will require some personal information
from you - including your name, company, email address, telephone number and
information about your event. This information allows Guildhall Private
Events to provide you with requested information. By providing your
information, you consent to Guildhall Private Events using your information for
the purpose of providing you with material about Guildhall Private Events which
it is believed may be of interest to you and for related marketing purposes.
1.2 If at any time you wish to stop receiving this material from Guildhall Private Events, please email us at email@example.com with “Unsubscribe” in the subject heading.
1.3 The personal data collected by Guildhall Private Events will be evaluated periodically to determine whether it should continue to hold such data. Subject to any legal retention requirements, you may notify Guildhall Private Events if you do not wish your data to be continually held by Guildhall Private Events. You may also request details of your Personal Data held by Guildhall Private Events. Please click here for enquiries under the Data Protection Act 1998.
3.1 You are advised that the Internet is not a secure medium. Guildhall Private Events will use reasonable endeavours to keep your information confidential and store it on a secure server which is password protected and hidden behind a firewall from the outside world. Internal procedures cover the storage access and disclosure of your information. Guildhall Private Events will not sell or pass your information on to any third parties without first obtaining your consent.
4. TRANSMISSION AND TRANSFER OF DATA OUTSIDE THE EU
4.1 Because the Internet infrastructure is global and it is not possible to predict the routes that information sent over the Internet will take, the information you provide may be transmitted temporarily via a route which takes it outside the European Economic Area (EEA) as it passes between you and Guildhall Private Events. By submitting your information you consent to such transmission and you acknowledge that countries or territories outside the EEA do not provide the same level of data protection as the EEA.
5.1 Guildhall Private Events may disclose personal information if required to do so by Law or in good faith believes it is required to do so by any order of the Courts or other competent body or agency or may do so to protect or defend the rights or property of Guildhall Private Events or the City of London or to protect the personal safety of Guildhall Private Events and the City of London's employees or the public at large.
6.1 Guildhall Private Events Website has links to other websites which will have different privacy, trading and use policies and conditions and you should familiarise yourself with the same.
7. DATA PROTECTION
7.1 Guildhall Private Events uses all reasonable endeavours to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the following principles:
(a) Personal data should be processed fairly and lawfully. This means that individuals should not be deceived or misled into supplying information.
(b) Data should only be obtained for a specified purpose and should not be used for any other purpose.
(c) Personal data should be adequate relevant and not excessive in relation to its purpose.
(d) Personal data should be accurate and up to date where necessary.
(e) Personal data should not be kept longer than is needed for its intended purpose.
(f) Personal data should be processed in accordance with the rights of the individual which the information concerns.
(g) Appropriate measures should be taken against unlawful processing or destruction of records. Computer systems should have back up facilities and security provisions.
(h) Personal data should not be transferred outside the European Economic Area (the EU states plus Lichtenstein, Iceland and Norway).
See the City of London's "Access to Information Page" which provides Users with guidance about their rights of access to information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and Data Protection Act 1998.
For more information on the Data Protection Act 1998, you can call (UK) 01625 545 700.
8.1 A cookie is a small file which stores information that a website puts on your hard drive so that it can remember something about you at a later time. Typically, a cookie records your preferences when using a particular site.